Obsessions....

/ Thursday, October 6, 2011 /
I feel like my life circles in obsessions at times. When I was young, I obsessed about cartoons. Every Saturday morning, I would get up at 7 AM and watch around 5 hours of cartoons, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Fairly Oddparents, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Gundam, Inu-Yasha, whatever. Then for awhile, it was classical music; I wanted to get everything my hands could lay on on those things.

My obsession phases afterwards:
1. Playing videogames at supermarkets and stores
2. Anime
3. Manga
4. Seventeen magazines and the other magazines you would see at checkout counters, tabloids
5. Asian pencils/pens
6. Gel pens
7. Quality school supplies

Once I got to college, I think things became even more materialistic.
8. Nail polish
9. Makeup
10. Skin products
11. Working out (I guess that's a good thing, until I get into the phase of running 20+ miles a week)
12. I'm currently on clothes and jewelry. Lately I've just been obsessing about wanting more clothes. It's so bad. I don't even care about the quality; if they're cheap or secondhand, I don't care, I just want more clothes.
I buy them over the internet, at stores, everything.

This is just TERRIBLE!!!!
I don't really know why. Why do I go through such phases? Why do such things happen all the time? How do I get rid of such obsessions?

Example:
I think currently I have around 20 or 30 nail polishes, and some of them might be expired. I don't want to get rid of them - I just want to hoard them. It's quite terrible.

I just threw away my covergirl lashblast mascara today (it was around 4 months old). It irritated my eyes and everything. I've had the Almay OneCoat for around 1.5 months, so I guess it'll last 1.5 more months.... thus I'll have to get rid of it around Thanksgiving.

Any suggestions for the next mascara I should buy?
<3

2 comments:

{ helen turnbull } on: October 6, 2011 at 4:40 PM said...

I think its perfectly normal to go through phases!

Mascara: Mabyllene Colossal

Helen, x

{ Lucy Zhu } on: October 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM said...

@Helen: Thanks for the reassurance =D

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger