The Sunscreen Project, Part 17

/ Wednesday, December 12, 2012 /
Clinique's Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20

Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer <br>SPF 20

I was fortunate enough to receive a nice sample of this sunscreen from Sephora awhile ago.

When I was looking up this product on the web, I was a bit confused. There are two products that have almost the exact same name but serve slightly different spectrums of skincare:

The Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer, SPF 20, is for Very Dry to Dry and Dry Combination skin types:
Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer <br>SPF 20

Whereas the Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Lotion, SPF 20, is for Combination Oily and Oily skin types:

See the difference?

Well anyway, I decided to try this product. I do have oily skin, but at the same time, I do have combination skin, so I thought this product would be good.

I was wrong.

P.S. It was really hard to find the ingredients list on this product. I couldn't find the full ingredients list. - not on the Clinique website, MakeupAlley, Sephora, Macy's, etc. I ended up going onto an NIH website (National Institute of Health) to find the active ingredients. I finally going on MakeupAndBeauty to find a printed picture of the ingredients list.

Taken directly from MakeupAndBeauty:

clinque even better moisture ingredients

According to NIH, the active ingredients are:
octisalate (5%), avobenzone (3%), octocrylene (2.7%)

Pros:
-Was very emollient, provided adequate moisture
-Felt like it stayed a long time
-Protects against UVA and UVB rays

Cons:
-Very greasy, OVERLY emollient (NOT good for my skin type)
-Only SPF 20, not adequate protection
-Expensive price: $46.50 for 1.7 oz

Overall, while I think this is a good product, it is not suited for my skin type. I will not be purchasing a full-sized version of this product.

Still looking for that awesome sunscreen!


Past posts


Source: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger