40 Question Beauty Tag

/ Tuesday, December 18, 2012 /
Note: I am not a beauty guru, but I just thought this would be fun!


1) HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WASH YOUR FACE A DAY?
2x - once in morning, once at night

2) WHAT SKIN TYPE DO YOU HAVE? NORMAL/COMBO/OILY
Combination/oily. Oily in my T-zone.

3) WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT FACIAL WASH?
Morning: 3Lab Perfect Cleansing Foam
Night: Clearasil Daily Cleanser w/ 2% salicylic acid

4) DO YOU EXFOLIATE? FACE/BODY?
Face: 2-3X/week with facial mask, or facial scrub.
Body: in shower, w/ 1:1 aspirin solution (DIY)

Medical terminology:
BTW, it's desquamate, NOT exfoliate - desquamate is getting rid of that top layer of dead skin cells, aka the keratinocytes of the stratum disjunctum. Exfoliate = getting rid of skin all the way to the basale lamina, aka bottom layer of the epidermis - a true horror!!!

5) WHAT BRAND DO YOU USE? EXFOLIATOR?
Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque
DIY 1:1 Aspirin Mask
DIY Aspirin, Honey, Cucumber, Lemon/Lime juice mask
Mario Badescu's Strawberry Facial Scrub (testing)

6) WHAT MOISTURIZER DO YOU USE?

Face:

Mario Badescu's Cucumber Lotion (testing) + Neutrogena Healthy Skin Ant-Wrinkle (Night cream)
On non-oily parts of face: Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant moisturizer w/ White Tea


Body: Summer = Aveeno lotion, Winter = coconut oil and vitamin E oil, as well as Nivea's Express Hydration Lotion

7) DO YOU HAVE FRECKLES? FACE/BODY?
I have a few freckles on my cheeks (due to Gulf Coast USA sun), but they are barely visible to the naked eye. I don't have any freckles on my body.

8) DO YOU USE EYE CREAM?
I use it intermittently, if I get samples from select companies. However, most of the time I just use my facial moisturizer or sunscreen.

9) DID OR DO YOU HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN?
Yes! Especially when I am stressed (high levels of cortisol), have not been exercising well, etc. I had moderate to severe acne during late middle school/early high school, but recently, during college years and post-college years, it's gotten better.

10) DID YOU EVER HAVE TO USE PROACTIV?
Nope, never!

11) WHAT FOUNDATION?
Confession: I've never used foundation. I once went to some department store makeup areas and asked  them to swatch me (aka find the right shade of foundation) but the saleslady said that I didn't need to wear foundation - my skin was fine the way it was. Since then (and even before then) I've never used it. I've never used powder, BB cream, CC cream or tinted moisturizer either. The only time I've used blush or bronzer was for Halloween - for Halloween makeup to suit my costume.

12) WHAT CONCEALER?
Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Cream 4-5 (now discountinued, but you can still buy on Amazon or Ebay)

13) DO YOU KNOW YOUR UNDERTONE COLOR?
Hmm. This is hard. Most people think that all East Asians have yellow skintones. However, as you can see from this article from MusicalHouses by Jerlene Then, that's not really true. I'm not sure whether I'm warm or cool-toned but I definitely have a pink undertone. My skin's gotten lighter than it used to be as well, so it's really different. I think I might have neutral undertones, but emphasis on think.

14) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF FAKE EYELASHES?
I think they're cool, but then again I've never used them.

15) DID YOU KNOW YOUR SUPPOSE TO CHANGE YOUR MASCARA EVERY THREE MONTHS?
Yes. I do throw them out every 3 months - I mark their expiration dates the moment I start using them.

16) WHAT TYPE OF MASCARA DO YOU USE?
Gah, I've tried so many different types. Right now I'm on Neutrogena's Healthy Volume in Carbon Black. I prefer waterproof mascaras because they seem to hold a curl better, and don't melt under hot humid weather.

17) SEPHORA OR MAC?
Sephora - bigger variety!

18) DO YOU HAVE A MAC PRO CARD?
Nope!

19) WHAT MAKE UP TOOLS DO YOU USE WHEN APPLYING MAKE UP
Fingers, brushes, q-tips for removal.

20) DO YOU USE MAKE UP BASE PRIMER FOR THE EYES OR FACE?
Eyes - yes, my DIY primer with 1:1 body butter:concealer. Cheap and effective. Period.

21) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE EYESHADOW COLOR OR SHADE?
I have several. I generally prefer neutral colors. Lately I've been using this quad from Estee Lauder (gift) with a bunch of neutral colors. I also like highlight shades from CoverGirl.

22) DO YOU USE PENCIL OR LIQUID EYELINER?
I use liquid for top liner, and pencil for waterline. Sometimes exotic pencil liner colors if I'm feeling adventurous.

23) HOW OFTEN DO YOU POKE YOUR EYES WITH AN EYELINER PENCIL?
I don't think I have? Mascaras - yes I have. Ruined contact lenses....

24) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PIGMENT EYESHADOWS?
I don't really like them because they get all over the place, and generally need very good brush technique to apply.

25) DO YOU USE MINERAL MAKE UP?
Don't think I've used it before...

26) WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE LIPSTICK? LIPGLOSS?
Lipstick - I like Maybelline's Color Sensational line.
Lipgloss - currently on Estee Lauder's Pop Gloss, though usually don't wear it b/c it's too sticky.
I generally stick w/ chapsticks + SPF.

27) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BLUSH?
Don't use blush. I've used an ELF blush before for a Halloween costume. I have a Milani Baked Blush in Terra Sole, but it broke!

28) DO YOU BUY YOUR MAKE UP ON EBAY?
Nope!

29) DO YOU LIKE DRUGSTORE MAKE UP?
Yes - it can be just as good as, if not better, than high-end makeup!

30) DO YOU GO TO A CCO?
What's a CCO?

31) DID YOU EVER CONSIDER TAKING MAKE UP CLASSES?
No - most of the stuff I learned came from Youtube. I think it's enough for now.

32) ARE YOU CLUMSY PUTTING ON MAKE UP?
Probably just the mascara, if I'm rushed.

33) NAME A MAKE UP CRIME THAT YOU HATE?
Spidery lashes - too clumped due to mascara.

34) DO YOU LIKE COLORFUL SHADES OF MAKE UP EYESHADOW, LIPSTICK OR NEUTRAL ONES?
Neutrals. They fit work and most daily situations better.

35) WHICH CELEBRITY ALWAYS HAS GREAT MAKE UP?
Probably just about every actress you can name.

36) IF YOU COULD LEAVE THE HOUSE WITH ONE MAKE UP ITEM WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Eyeliner.

37) WOULD YOU LIVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT MAKE UP ON?
Yes. I do so on the weekends.

38) DO YOU THINK YOU LOOK GOOD WITHOUT MAKE UP ON?
I generally think my skin is fine without makeup. I like my eyes with makeup - they look larger and don't make my poofy cheeks look so big!

39) IN YOUR OPINION WHAT IS THE BEST MAKE UP LINE?
There is none. Each brand has different cool things.
For makeup products - TheBalm, Estee Lauder, Maybelline
Eyeliner - Bombshell, Clinique, ELF, Urban Decay
Eyeshadow - CoverGirl, Estee Lauder, Wet N' Wild
Eyebrow liner - ELF, Wet N' Wild
Mascara - Maybelline
Lipstick - Revlon, Lancome
Makeup tools - ELF
Skin products - Mario Badescu, Neutrogena, Origins
Sunscreen - Algenist, Elta MD

40) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MAKE UP?
It's a way to express yourself. Enhance your natural beauty. Give you an external source of confidence - external locus, per se. It's when that external locus turns into an internal locus that is true confidence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger