Freeman Facial Peel-Off Mask, Cucumber Review

/ Sunday, January 29, 2012 /
Freeman Facial Peel-Off Mask, Cucumber, Skin Silkening
http://tinyurl.com/87v8atn
I got this mask from the January My Glam bag (click here for my "un-packaging" and also explanation of what My Glam is).

First impressions? Well, despite the fact that the product I got from the My Glam bag is full-sized, tell you the truth, 1/2 of the package is filled with air, and the other half is filled with product.

When I first opened the package, if felt as if it was just goo. Clear goo. My first thought: eww!!!

Oh well.

It did smell very nice - just like a cucumber did. What you are supposed to do is take the product out, and apply it on your face - basically apply a thin layer on your face, and then wait 5-10 minutes for it to dry off, and then, literally, peel it off.

Did it work?

The first time I tried it, I was NOT good at it. I did not do it correctly, and the product got into my hair and everything. Disgusting. I also applied too thick of a layer, so it did not work out properly.

The second time, I did better. I applied a thin layer. My face was kind of stinging, but I guess I kind of had to withstand it for the product to work properly. My face smelled strongly like cucumber - and I could tell, because I was very congested (I have really bad allergies this season) and I could still smell it.

And I just basically let it dry while I watched some television.

Lemme tell you this - if you want this to dry in 5-10 minutes, you have to put a VERY THIN layer on. It took me a while to peel it off. After I did, some of my hair, despite my best intentions, still got stuck in the goo. Luckily I took a shower immediately afterwards, so it was okay.

Afterwards, my skin felt very cool, slightly tingly, as if I had just come out of a refrigerator. I can promise you that it was a very cooling sensation, very interesting.

How do I think of this face mask? Not very good, not very interesting to be particular, just okay. I would not repurchase this - I don't think it is worth the money.

Have you guys ever cried this mask? If so, how was it? What other types of face masks have you tried and liked or disliked? Leave a comment!

<3

2 comments:

{ Alex Elkins } on: January 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM said...

I have tried the Freeman's clay mask for before, but it was way too drying for my already very dry skin. I love the Skin Food Rice Wash-off mask for when my skin is overly sensitive and sluggish. I love the Skin Food Aloe mask for when my skin is especially dry. I really like the Laneige Strawberry Yogurt mask and the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack because both of them leave me with soothed, bright, and dewy skin!

{ Lucy Zhu } on: January 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM said...

@Alex: Thank you for your comments on your favorite face masks =D

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger