The Sunscreen Project, Part 23: EltaMD Tinted Moisturizer SPF 41

/ Thursday, May 2, 2013 /
UV Physical Broad Spectrum SPF 41 Sunscreen
Photo source

I received a couple samples of this tinted moisturizer during a skincare event held for a recent community fundraiser.

Revelation: This is actually the first time I've used a tinted moisturizer. For many years I was "shielded" [from self-proclaimed skincare gurus and random Asian gossip forums and soothsayers] with the preconceived notion (not originally formed from myself) that any form of tinted moisturizer, foundation, BB cream, CC cream, concealer, etc - would "blemish the skin" and ruin its "purity" due to its "hormones, artificial ingredients, etc". *insert rant against brainwashing here* But truth be told, I wanted to break out of this sort of mentality; I personally think that it's not bad to use such products. Especially when they contain SPF, right?

IDK. I decided to try out this product anyway.

Ingredients: (according to DermStore):
Zinc Oxide 9.0%, Titanium Dioxide 7.0%. Aluminum Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Hydrated Silica, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Iron Oxide, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Linoleic Acid, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Octyl Stearate, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylate 13/Polyisobutene/Polysorbate 20, Purified Water, Quercetin, Sodium Hydroxide, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

My first impression: Nice. Lots of zinc oxide and titanium oxide. Coverage of UVA and UVB.

My overall impressions:

Pros:

  • Not greasy
  • Not oily
  • Blends in easily into the skin
  • No white cast
  • High SPF (>30, good to follow FDA guidelines)
  • Doesn't cause me to break out
  • Is an inorganic sunscreen
  • Is broad spectrum - covers both UVA and UVB rays
  • Reapply every 2-3 hrs for protection (if not in water)
Cons:
  • Price ($29 for 3 oz)
Bottom line, this sunscreen is a tinted moisturizer. It has a tint. It is a very nice product that blends easily into the skin and works very well. However, I don't think I'll be purchasing the full-sized version of this. Its price is a bit way out of my comfort zone.

Mottoes of the day: Dispelling all myths and searching for that sunscreen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger