The Sunscreen Project, Part 22

/ Monday, April 29, 2013 /
20130117_135356

20130117_135402
FTC: I bought this product with my own money. I am not paid to do reviews on it.

Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen for Face, SPF 30+

I bought this product off of Amazon.com for about $12 around Christmas time. I decided to try it out because of its rave reviews, relatively low price for an inorganic sunscreen, and because of its ingredients - zinc oxide and octinoxate. Well, rather, really for ZnO.

As always of course, here is the ingredients list (pulled off of Drugstore.com):


Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5.5%), Zinc Oxide (8.0%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water (Purified), C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclomethicone, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Polyacrylamide, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Caffeine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Green Tea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

I thought this product was pretty interesting in that it came from an Australian formula. Apparently the company that produces the product is actually in the States but the product itself follows Australian regulations for sunscreen, which requires sunscreen to be protective on the skin for 240 minutes rather than the 80 minutes, according to US regulations.

I guess I do like 4 hours of protection.

Anywhere here's what I found:

Pros:

  • Is an inorganic sunscreen with Zinc Oxide, a stable ingredient that covers UVA and UVB rays
  • Is affordable ($12 for 5 oz, especially for an inorganic sunscreen)
  • Protection lasts a long time (4 hours)
  • Doesn't make my face breakout
Cons:
  • White cast initially created - at first I seriously thought I looked like vampire Bella from Twilight or something. Afterward though the white cast fades away.

I guess you cay say that this sunscreen is the closest I've found to my HG sunscreen. It works, it's effective, it's affordable, and even though it gives a white cast it does its job. And guess what: I've already repurchased 2 bottles of it =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger