Review: MAC Glitz Gloss in Girl's Got It

/ Saturday, April 6, 2013 /
20130117_140059
FTC: I received this product as a gift; I am not paid to do any reviews on it.

MAC's Glitz Gloss in Girl's Got It is my first MAC product. For those who don't know, MAC is a high-end, department store makeup brand. Some makeup gurus swear by this brand and almost exclusively use products from this line.

For the longest time, I didn't have any MAC products. However, last semester, one of my friends gave me this during a Halloween party. Thus, I decided to check it out!!!

On MakeupAlley, this product has been rated as 2 out of 5 stars with a packaging quality of 3 out of 5 stars. Some reviews stated that the gloss is really sheer, that it is only a glittery lip balm, and doesn't have a lot of color. Hmm.

20130117_140120 

My first impresion, on that Halloween night, however, was pretty positive. I thought that it was nice glitter lip tint with a very nice, sweet scent. It definitely does have a fuschia-like color.

Upon application, I think the MakeupAlley reviews have been pretty accurate in terms of texture and the overall product received. The product is very sheer and slightly glittery. It doesn't have a very thick tint. However, it does not really feel sticky, and feels very nourishing, as a fact. It lasts awhile actually, even after I ate food.
20130117_140333
Here's how it looks. Pretty neutral, huh?

I believe this product has been discontinued actually; I've found it on Amazon for $19 and Ebay for $13 + $8 shipping. I think at this point it may be a collector's item (for people who like collecting makeup, or MAC makeup in particular).

What do I think of this lip tint/lip gloss/etc? Well, I think it's actually pretty good. It does a great job. However, I'm probably not willing to shell out nearly $20 to buy a lip gloss like this. Especially when I can get comparably good ones for less than 1/2 the price.

But I definitely think this is a good product!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger