Review: Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion

/ Thursday, May 16, 2013 /
Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion
FTC: I received a sample of this product. I am not compensated for any reviews..

While going to Whole Foods about half a year ago, I happened to happen by a very nice lady holding out a bunch of skincare products for testing. One of the ones she had was this.

I was quite intrigued by this product because there were few "natural" facial lotions that I had tried previously, perhaps other than the ones from Origins. So I decided to pick it up.

Lo and behold, it actually took me about 1/2 year before I actually got to reviewing it -_-

According to C.O. Bigelow's website, this product is geared toward oily and combination skin types. It is supposed to "maintain your skin's natural moisture balance, leaving you skin feeling smooth." It also is apparently made in Germany. Oohh. Europe.

Here is the ingredients list:
Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula), Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*.
* from natural essential oils

Like I do to just about all of the skincare products I test, I incorporated this skincare product into my routine for 1 week while not altering the rest of my routine, for control test purposes. (For all of my fellow stats nerds out there, n=7 and all other variables controlled, I guess? In a way at least, with n = 7 of days?)

Here were the highlights:
  • Felt slightly sticky
  • The oils, beeswax, and perhaps other essential oil-derived products made me break out in my T-zone
  • Felt really greasy
  • When tried on as a eye cream, caked up and dried up my eye the next day
Bottom line?
Pros: Good for those who like "natural" lines
Cons: Breaks out skin type it is intended for, super expensive ($20.50 for 1 fl oz)

I personally wouldn't purchase the full-sized version of this product. I'll go for a product that doesn't break me out, thanks.

Photo source: C.O. Bigelow's website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger