Review: Laneige Pore Minimizing Pack Mask

/ Saturday, May 25, 2013 /
Pore Minimizing Pack
Photo source
FTC: I received samples of this product from a friend. I am not compensated for any reviews.

Ever since I first heard about the brand Laneige products from Bubzbeauty a couple of years ago, I've always been fascinated by this line. It encompasses a lot of high-end skincare and makeup products.

Thus, when one of my friends gave me a couple of face masks from Laneige, I was super excited.

What is this product? This is a face mask - something that will suck out the impurities in the skin and exfoliate/desquamate the skin at the same time. I thought it was particularly awesome, so I decided to try it out.

I wasn't able to find a complete list of ingredients for this product. However, according to Sasa, the ingredients include:

White clay, Morocco clay (ghassoul)

I thought it was very interesting that there were only two ingredients in this product. Very "natural", per se, to those who prefer that terminology?

According to the instructions on the product, you smooth on a "nickel-sized amount" over your entire face (or spot treat) and wait 3-5 minutes. Then, wash off.

My initial reaction? The 3-5 minutes is a very short amount of time, especially compared to other face masks I've used. Also, the packs I received for individual masks were definitely more than a nickel size for each individual use, so I just decided to pile it all on in layers and layers.

And, incidentally, it just took 3-5 minutes to dry anyway.

Pros:

  • Very good at desquamating my skin - felt super smooth afterward
  • Quick drying time
  • Very nice, clean, nice-smelling - as if I had stepped into a beauty salon.
Cons:
  • BURNED my skin - perhaps it's because I just have sensitive skin, it burned by skin and made it feel really painful. Not too fun. 
  • Red face afterward - after I washed off the product, it felt as if I had boiled my face or run 1 mile or something. Super bright red.
  • Update: The second time I tried using the mask, it did not burn my face anymore. Perhaps my skin has gotten used to the ingredients? I don't know.
  • Cost - This product costs $21.80 on Sasa. As a high-end product, this is on the order of Clinique and similar brands' costs. For budgeters out there, this may be an issue.
Overall, despite my initial optimism about this product, I sadly have to say not to it. The biggest, buggiest issue for me -> the burning skin.

Lemme know if you've ever tried Laneige products and your opinions of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger