Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque Review

/ Monday, February 20, 2012 /


I recently purchased this from Amazon for about $6.

I had heard a lot of good reviews about it, and after hearing from Hannahfyed about it, I decided to give it a whirl.

Whoa, it was pretty darn cool!

The stuff inside is actually kaolin clay. It has a minty scent and is squeezed out of the tube that is shown in the picture above.

So, first things first: I do not like the packaging. I normally don't comment on packaging, since I am paying for the product and not the actual package, but for this item I think I have to make an exception. The squeezy-tube bottle does not bode well for the product; it makes it really hard to get the product out since the mask itself is very viscous. Since I am basically 1/2 way through the bottle/tube now, it's getting harder and harder to use.

What you're supposed to do is to squeeze out the product and smooth it out onto your skin. Afterwards, you're supposed to wait till it dries, and then wash it off. On my first try, I put on a very thick layer and that was not good for me, because it took WAY too long to wash off. Oh my goodness. Trust me, it was about 45 min.

However, after I used it, I totally noticed a change in my skin: it had become so much more smooth, so refined, as if I was a newborn babe again. My cheeks felt so smooth and silky that I was amazed that such a product could do such a thing.

The next few times I used it, I slathered it onto my face as a whole face mask, and applied just a thin layer. At first, just like on the first try, the mint will tingle and even sting. However, afterwards, the tingling and stinging goes away. When you wash off the mask, it leaves your face feeling extremely clean, smooth, silky, and fresh.

Lately, I've been trying it as a spot treatment. It definitely does help get rid of acne pimples, but not in the case that you would think it would work. It does so by drying out the skin around it so that the pimple shrivels and dries up. It has helped me clear up my acne a bit, but its effects are very gradual and subtle.

I've also used it as a night mask; I would just apply it to my trouble spots at night and sleep with it. However, this was a bother, because I tend to move around a lot when I sleep, and after the mask dried, it would crack and sometimes fall off of my face. Sometimes I would have to wake up at 4 AM just to wash it off of my face and go back to sleep peacefully. I don't think I want to continue doing that, so I'll have to use another night spot treatment. Although I've got to say that it does work, and I think for people who don't move around a lot when they sleep, it will be okay.

The price is definitely very good. I liked it so much that I ordered another 2 bottles of it, in fact. Just for backup use in case the first one runs out.

I've only used this product for ~1 month but I've already used up 1/2 of a tube. Go figure.

Would this product be a repurchase for me? It already has been =D

<3

Sources: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger