The Hunger Games! Trailers, soundtrack, and more

/ Saturday, February 18, 2012 /
I'm sure most (if not all) of you guys and gals have heard of the Hunger Games.

A game of chicken to see who can go the longest without eating?
A play on the name of a certain central European country, where Olympic-eque games are held?
Just a form of amusement for me to write in a super-long title for a blog post?

Nope.

The Hunger Games is a trilogy by Suzanne Collins. It is an adventure series set in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem, where the capital rules over 12 (if not 13) districts. Alluding to the ancient myth of Theseus and the Minotaur, each year, two children one boy and one girl, from each district are selected to compete in the "Hunger Games" in the capital, where they fight to the death till one is left alive.

And now, I won't spoil anymore, so those of you who haven't read it can enjoy without my spoilers.

The Hunger Games, the first book, is followed by Catching Fire, and Mockingjay.

   Catching fire.JPG   Mockingjay.JPG

These books have recently become some of the most popular among all age groups of adults, as well as among children. They have gained fame equivalent to the level of (perhaps even) the Harry Potter series, the Twilight saga, and the Inheritance cycle.

The books have become so popular that a movie is being made out of them. The first movie, "The Hunger Games", stars Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson and is based off of the eponymous first book.

   

The movie is coming out on March 23. I can't wait for it to come out! If you guys have not read the series yet, I would highly encourage you to do so. I "accidentally" stumbled upon this book one day while going through the shelves of my brother's room (I was dusting the room). Picked it up, and forgot about the dusting for a 3.5-hour marathon. I could not take my eyes off of the book's pages. Soo good. Soo good.

Here are the trailers:



The soundtrack (or at least a part of it) was recently released as well! Here's a song by Taylor Swift, called "Safe and sound". So beautiful.



Have you guys read the Hunger Games series yet? If so, what is your opinion of it? Do you guys intend to watch the movie? Leave a comment!

P.S. I'm trying out this new system for citing my sources, as I saw from Hannahfyed's style (Thank you Hannah!). Do you guys like it?

Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger