Products I regret buying

/ Wednesday, February 8, 2012 /
All right guys and gals,

This is just going to be a post about products I regret buying, plus little explanations. Not much else to talk about here.

http://makeupfu.madtofu.com/2010/08/elf-at-target-back-to-school-haul/
ELF Zit Zapper, $1: I don't like the rolly-ball mechanism, as it can help spread acne and bacteria and stuff, despite its purpose as a "zit zapper". I'm actually using it in my skin routine, really, in an effort to try to finish it.

http://www.drugstore.com/almay-one-coat-nourishing-thickening-mascara-blackbrown-403/qxp21827
Almay's One Coat Nourishing Thickening Mascara, Waterproof - it didn't do very much as a mascara, even though it was hypoallergenic, which I guess was nice.

http://sunshinebeauty.com/2in1Search.asp?productcode1=2028&PN=Kohl%20Kajal%20Eyeliner
Jordana's Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Iridescent blue (the 4th eyeliner down, from the top). This eyeliner smears a lot, and does not have long-lasting power.

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2011/08/wet-wild-color-icon-brow-eye-liner-pencils-swatches-photos-review/

Wet N' Wild Coloricon Eye & Brow Eyeliner in Dark Brown and White: These smeared A LOT, more than the Jordana Kohl Kajal Eyeliner, and did not have any staying power whatsoever. Sorry, kind of a fail for Wet N' Wild, in my opinion....

http://watchestyle.livejournal.com/
EyesLipsFace 27-piece palette: This was a total fail for me. The eyeshadows crumbled or were extremely chalky, the eyeshadow smeared over all of the lip shades, the spongy eye applicator didn't work very well, the lip balm was very hard, etc. At one point I was almost afraid to use this because I was afraid it would cause me to break out. Fail.

http://lacqueredpaintedpolished.blogspot.com/2011/09/milani-baked-blush-in-terra-sole.html
Milani Baked Blush in Terra Sole - I don't like this because of the packaging. The container literally BROKE and cracked, and I had to take the blush out. It fell out in chunks. I can't keep the container anymore because the cap literally fell off. It was really bad and I got it over everything. The product is really good but the actually packaging is terrible. I usually don't mind cheap packaging as long as it can stay sturdy and not hurt the product, but in this case it DEFINITELY was a fail.

http://punkphatz.blogspot.com/2009/06/maybelline-unstoppable-eyeliner.html
Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx - this is supposed to be a waterproof eyeliner, black eyeliner, that is supposed to be really good. However, for me, it's either because I have Asian double eyelids or something, but it DEFINITELY did not work for me. It smeared, it creased, it was quite terrible. Ugh, just ugly.

http://frappelattes.com/mini-haul-revlon-matte-kohl-eyeliner-fotd/

Revlon's Matte Luxurious Color Kohl Eyeliner in Black Truffle - sorry guys, I think I'm just smashing drugstore eyeliners, but these were definitely fails for me. This eyeliner also smudged and smeared a lot (I know it's kohl but still I've heard rave reviews about it) and it creased and did not work for me at all. And the worst thing was I almost paid $10 for this because I heard it was so good. Fail on my part...

http://www.ftbbeauty.ca/
ELF Nail block - I know that I only paid $1 for this, but still I was disappointed. It did not really buff my nails properly that well, and took a long time to buff them even though the end result was not that good.

http://tinyurl.com/6pa7m3b

Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara in Black - I know I've mentioned this mascara in a previous post, but seriously I must emphasize how bad this experience was. It clumped, smudged, smeared, and left me looking like a very weird Asian clown. Because of this, and because of the fact that it was the first mascara I ever tried, and because I thought all mascaras would be like this, I did not use mascara for many years (~5-6 years) after I first started this, because of my experiences with my first one. And the worst thing was that it cost over $20 for this mascara! Fail on my part.

What products do you guys regret buying? Leave a comment!

<3

2 comments:

{ Alex Elkins } on: February 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM said...

I regret buying the Covergirl Outlast lip gloss / lip balm duo. The teeniest bit gets on your skin and you're done for. It WILL NOT come off. Which I guess is good for the lips but all of the colors look unflattering too :( It also made my lips dry, peel, and irritated. I wear makeup but I only have about one or two of each type of product (liner, blush, etc..) and I buy the high end products (although they're expensive) because almost all drugstore things but mascara irritate my horribly sensitive skin :( I wish more drugstore products were hypoallergenic! Sorry for the long rant-y comment^^

{ Lucy Zhu } on: February 10, 2012 at 1:10 AM said...

Hi Alex, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the CG lip duo! I used to have super sensitive skin but somehow I guess I outgrew at least part of it, I used to not be able to use any scented lotions, and any non-scented lotion I could not put on more than 1X because my skin would instantly remember that lotion and develop an allergic reaction to it.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger