Updated skincare routine

/ Friday, September 30, 2011 /
Hey guys,

So I haven't done a skincare routine in quite awhile, so I thought I'd share it with you =D

Keep in mind that these prices are the prices I bought them at; I'm not exactly sure what their prices are right now, although they might be very similar since I bought most of these things recently.

In the morning, when I get up, I first wash my face with the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser ($6.99, Target).
Next, I use some Witch Hazel from Wal-mart ($1.77) as a toner:
I then moisturize my face with the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Spf 15 ($11.99, CVS):
I also use an eye cream for my eyes (duh!): the Yes to Carrots Eye cream, $15 (it's the cheapest one out there, 1.7 oz for $15!):

At night, I first use the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 2% Salicylic Acid ($5.99, Target):


Next, I use the Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash ($33, online): NOTE: this was a gift given to me from my mom!

I actually use two cleansers during the night because my skin accumulates a lot of oil during the day. I guess I have a pretty oily complexion. This Skin Wash is only 0.5% salicylic acid, which is not strong enough for me, so I have to use this in conjunction with the Neutrogena 2% one.

Next, I use the Noxzema Clean Blemish Control Daily Scrub for exfoliating my underarms. Note: this is for shaving purposes, I guess it's not part of my skincare routine but my underarms are part of my skin, so lolz. I just wanted to share this because it's great as an exfoliator but I don't use it for my face because it is very abrasive, although the little scrubby things are finer than those of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub (2% salicylic acid).

Oh yeah, I got this for around $6.99:
 

To tone my face, I use the Witch Hazel that I used this morning:



I use the Eye cream again:

To moisturize my face, I use the Clean & Clear dual action moisturizer, with 0.5% salicylic acid ($6, Target):


Finally, I cover up any acne spots with my On-the-Spot Acne Treatment from Neutrogena (with benzoyl peroxide, I think 2.5%). This was $7.

Whoa.... these products in total are worth almost $100!!!! That's a gigantic amount of $$ to spend for skincare, especially for a poor college student like me. Lolz. I got a job to cover my personal expenses for college; other than the Dermalogica wash, I bought these all with my own $$. I guess I just invest a lot into skincare. For other personal expenses, I'm a bit more frugal; I almost always buy my clothes and shoes on sale, I'm on scholarship for my college tuition and room and board, I buy my books online or from friends, I buy school supplies during the beginning of the school year, I buy electronics during Black Friday, etc etc.

Just trying to be a college student without killing the budget... (wait no I already have!)

But anyways, enough of the digression. I just wanted to show you guys this because I know that a lot of people are suffering from severe acne. I had really bad acne for years and years, but during college it finally cleared up, I'm guessing from a different lifestyle, diet, and all of these products that I use to try to mitigate it. Here is just a treatment that works for me. I suggest you try some of the products if you want to try to improve your acne; almost all of the products (save one) can be bought at the drugstore or any general grocery store. There are often coupons in newspapers and stuff so you can just use those to save as well.

The ones I would suggest trying are Neutrogena Oil-Free Wash (2% salicylic acid), Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Spf 15, and the Witch Hazel toner. They are the ones that I think are worth investing the most in. And the witch hazel was only $2!!! Really cheap and good deal.

Anyways, that's all for today.
<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger