HPV Vaccine

/ Tuesday, September 27, 2011 /
Hey guys,

hpv_small.jpg
http://kirstyne.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/hpv-the-tricky-std/
So a few days I finally decided to get the HPV vaccine. For those of you that do not know, HPV stands for Human Papillomavirus. It is known to cause cervical cancer in women and genital warts in both women and men. Crazy stuff huh?

Anyway, I finally decided to get the first dose, against my parents' advice (they are very wary of vaccines, unlike me, the crazy bio nerd). I thought about it for a long time since I knew that it had just recently come out. Even though in Texas the governor gave an "Executive Order" to have all young women vaccinated using this vaccine (Gardasil), I was still kind of wary. I guess if in Texas, this was important enough, then in my little town it was supposed to be OK too, right?

Thus, I got my first injection. Surprisingly, after I got it, the nurse actually told me to lie down and stay still for 15 min. Apparently the injection caused some people to faint or something within the first 15 min of administration. Wow. I guess that is really something to look at and be wary of. (And I'm being serious here!)

Anyways, I have to get the next shot within 3 mon, and the last one within 6 mon. Afterwards hopefully I'll be fully protected. Hopefully I won't get cervical cancer sometime in the near future?

http://defeatingcolorectalcancer.wordpress.com/
Cancerous cells, although not cervical (is colorectal)

Toodles!
XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger