Review: Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof Mascara

/ Sunday, September 25, 2011 /
Ever since school started, I've been using the Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof Mascara in Black. I got this mascara from my mom (she purchased it from Walgreens, I think, for around $6 or $7)... I think it was like a "back-to-school" present from her. I've been testing it for awhile (~1 month) and I think I like it!

Note: This is my first post where I actually use pictures I've taken myself. So credit all photos to Med School Girl!

Before Opening

Here is what the brush looks like

The brush
Nails: Wet N' Wild Shine Nail Color, Bijou Blue 443D

Comparison to CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume, Waterproof

As you can see, the tube is MUCH SMALLER than the LastBlast Volume. I always get waterproof mascara because it holds my curl better. I have extremely short East Asian eyelashes, which are short and stick straight out. Terrible!

I've got to say though, the Almay mascara doesn't hold my curl very well at all. It does clump a bit after I put it on. I have to basically wipe off the excess when I first pull the wand out of the container because there's so much residue on it. For the LashBlast, I don't have to do this. However, the good thing about the Almay mascara is that it is very hypoallergenic. My eyes get really irritated and itchy after I put the CoverGirl mascara on. However, with the Almay one, they feel very happy, "nourished" in a sense. After just one coat I think I am okay.

I think the overall purpose of mascara is not necessarily to "lengthen" or "volumize" but actually just to make your lashes look thicker and blacker. And I think this does the job, though perhaps not the best.

Mascaras usually last around ~1/2 year before they mess up. I think thus, during spring break, I'll buy another one. I've heard the Falsies is good, or L'oreal Voluminous. Of course, I'll have to buy the waterproof version. I'm with Xteeener on this one.

Xteeener's review and description of waterproof mascaras, from Maybelline


Toodles!
Lucy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger