ELF Shimmer Palette Review

/ Wednesday, September 28, 2011 /
Hey guys,

So today I decided I'm going to do a review of a product I've been using for a long time. I think I actually kind of like it! It was the first thing that I had ever purchased from ELF from my first ELF haul. I bought everything on the ELF website, which you can get to here.

So here is what the palette looks like. Note that I've been using this for a long time so the palette is kind of smeared; the original thing looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

When you open it up, you get a brush, and 4 shimmer cream shadows:

As you can see, I've used the first 3 colors quite extensively. I've used this palette for about almost a year now, and it still has a lot of use in it left!

The first color is a pearly white color. The second is more of a peachy pink, while the third is a beige-like color. The fourth is more of a pinkish color. They are all pretty sheer and light, yet very shimmery:

As you can see from the swatches, they look very similar to each other when actually applied.

I personally think they are a great base to use, as you can see below:

The color to the most left is the eyeshadow color without any primer of sorts. The second, third, fourth, and fifth swatches are the same eyeshadow with the shimmer palette's bases underneath. There's a big difference between the eyeshadow without a primer and that with the primer (of the shimmer palette). The order of the shimmer palette's swatches is in the same order as those in the palette themselves (the white first, then the peachy, then the beige, then the pink).

Here's the eyeshadow I used to swatch everything. It's "Cornflower" from Wet N' Wild:

Anyways, I think this was a great buy. It cost only $3 from ELF's studio line and, after a year's use, is still going strong!

XOXO!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger