Review: Sibu Buckthorn Exfoliating Scrub

/ Saturday, August 3, 2013 /
FTC: I received a sample of this product for free. I am not paid for reviews on it.

Back in February of 2012, I did a review on Sibu Beauty's Hydrating Serum and Night Cream (click here for the reviews).

However, as of late, I got a Sibu Exfoliating Scrub sample as well, which I tried and will review here.

The ingredients, according to the Sibu Beauty website, are:


Water, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, SD Alcohol 40-B, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Fruit Extract, Cetearyl Phosphate, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Seabuckthorn) Seedcake, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Levulinate, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Phytate, p-Anisic Acid, Orange and Lemon Essential Oils Paraben-FREE and Cruelty-FREE


I've got to say the first try was pretty interesting.
Pros:
-Exfoliates well (or rather, scientifically, "desquamated" my skin well)
-Made my skin feel very smooth afterward
-Did not clog my pores
-Nice ingredients - "paraben-free, cruelty-free"

Cons:
-The exfoliating apricot shells were a bit harsh - might not work for people with sensitive skin
-Pretty expensive - $19.95 for 3.3 oz, on the website

Overall, what do I think? It works out pretty well. I didn't see any "marvelous" effects with this product versus St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I think they work just about the same, and St. Ives scrub is $4.50 for 6 oz (according to drugstore.com). So basically you get about 9x the product with St. Ives and the same effect!

Would I buy the full-sized version of this product? Probably not. Mostly because of the price. And because the apricot shells (that is, the seed powder) is a bit harsh.

Source: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger