The Sunscreen Project, Part 33: Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen

/ Friday, August 9, 2013 /
Shiseido - Perfect Hydrating BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen
Photo link
FTC: I am not compensated for this review. I received a sample of this from Sephora.

This is the third BB cream I received a sample of from Sephora that auspicious day.

Ingredients:

-Ensulizole 2% 
-Octinoxate 7.4% 
-Titanium Dioxide 7.2%

Water, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Xylitol, Peg-6, Peg-32, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Thiotaurine, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Arginine Hcl, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Sodium Pca, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Ppg-17, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aminomethyl Propanol, Aluminum Distearate, Isostearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Alumina, Polysilicone-2, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polybutylene Glycol/Ppg-9/1 Copolymer, Bht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

What can I say? I've liked the Urban Environment Series offered by Shiseido for quite awhile. The textures of all of the products are quite sheer, light coverage, and do not make me feel like my pores are being caked.

Pros:

  • Light, sheer coverage
  • Shade 1 (medium) blended nicely for my skin tone
  • Did not break me out
  • SPF 35 - higher than FDA suggestion of SPF 30
Cons:
  • Incomplete UVA ray coverage - Titanium dioxide does not provide full protection
  • Good UVB ray coverage - ensulizole and octinoxate provide good coverage
  • Didn't really seem to "lighten" my skin though it was hydrating for my skin
  • Very high price: $33 for 1.1 fl oz
  • Question - they offer this BB cream in 2 shades, Medium and Dark. Where's Light?
Bottom line, I don't think the UV ray coverage problems is worth forking over the $30 for this tiny tube of BB cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger