Review: Wen By Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner in Sweet Almond Mint

/ Sunday, August 25, 2013 /
WEN® by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
Photo source
FTC: I bought this product from a MyGlam bag purchase. I am not paid to do a review on it.

Source: Got from MyGlam glam bag a long time ago (sample size, 2 oz).


This is supposed to be a "Cleansing Conditioner" -aka taking the place of a shampoo and a conditioner.


Ingredients list (from Sephora):

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Vegetable Oil (Olus Oil), Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal.C960

There have been lots of rave reviews made on this product. People like it because it doesn't have parabens, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, triclosan, and sulfates. This is because of the hyped "natural" movement - the thought that organic, non-GMO, un-adulterated products are better.

Overall? Not really worth it. My opinion is, that this product is overhyped.

When I first used this product, I realized I needed a lot of this product in order to cover all of my hair (which has grown pretty long by now). It's as much conditioner as I use on a daily basis.

Pros:
Smelled nice
Good ingredients (sulfate-free, paraben free, etc)

Cons:
Made my hair all oily
Really expensive ($32 for 16 oz)
Kind of frizzed up my hair


Overall, I think that it is a product that doesn't work for me, since it doesn't really "clean" my hair, despite the name of the product. I think that it is really better to use a shampoo and a conditioner, which serve different functions separately. Plus, this is super expensive (Price on Sephora is crazy, $32 for 16 oz). I could get Tresemme conditioner (which works better, esp for co-washes) at $4 for 32 oz. Thus that's 16X more expensive!! I could get basically 3 years' worth of conditioner in Tresemme conditioners for perhaps 2-3 months' worth of Wen conditioner.

Bottom line? I will not purchase the full-size product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger