Comparison of eye primers

/ Monday, February 28, 2011 /
Eye primers have always been a pain for me. When I first started wearing makeup, I didn't even know what a primer was. I just slathered on random shades of eyeshadow on my eyelids, and let me tell you, I looked absolutely like a clown. Now, not like a clown from the circus or something, but seriously, a wannabe clown.

Then, a few years ago, one of my friends told me that I should start wearing concealer on my eyes. She said this because she felt that every time I wore eyeshadow I looked like I had a black eye, or was a panda (she called it "panda eyes"). So I went to the store to get some Neutrogena liquid concealer, which worked for awhile, until I finished it....

It was during this time that I noticed that if I put on concealer before my eyeshadow on my eyelids (I used concealer not only to conceal my dark circles but also on top of my lids) the eyeshadow would stick to my eyes better and last longer throughout the day. Wow, what a revelation it was to me back then, a wannabe clown! This was before I had discovered all of the youtube tutorials, reviews, blogs, etc.

But anyways, long story short, I tried many different things for eye primers. Now, I'm going to compare products that I've used for eye primers and review them for their worth, uses, price, etc. Here we go!

1. ELF Eyelid primer
Eyelid Primer http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/eyes/concealers_and_primers/eyelid_primer

This primer is pretty good. It's very sheer, slightly oily, and does the job. Price = $1, off of the website.

2. Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer
 http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/maybelline-dream-mousse-concealer-corrector-fair-light-0-1-11-oz-reviews

This product does a fair job of being a primer. It's not shimmery and does a fine job of making your eyeshadows more matte colored. I think I chose the wrong shade of concealer for my skin though (I chose the lightest shade, and I think I should've chosen the medium color perhaps since my skin is slightly darker than the lightest shade). This cost me ~$8, so more expensive than the ELF eyelid primer, but it also doubles/triples as a concealer as well as a highlighter for my face. So 3-in-1 use is awesome! Great deal! The only thing I'm sad about is that this product is discontinued. And I'm halfway through using it :(

3. ELF Shimmer Palette
Shimmer Palette http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes/eyeshadow/shimmer_palette

I was REALLY surprised that this could act as a primer. It does it's job nicely as a shimmery primer - after all, it's called the "Shimmer Palette". I really like using the peach color (second from the left) and the skin-color (second from the right) as primers; they really blend well into my skin, save for the shimmer. This cost me $3 from the ELF website - really great buy. Great for nights out!

So yeah, that's my two cents on eye primers. There are lots of good alternatives to Urban Decay Primer Potion; you don't have to spend $18 for something like this! So give these a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger