/ Friday, January 4, 2013 /
All right guys and gals,

Time for some up-closeness. I'm gonna share with you some pictures that I haven't really shared with anyone else, pictures of my skin and how it's doing.

In case you don't know already, my skin type is combination/oily, acne-prone. This means that the areas around my cheeks are generally acne-free, but my T-zone (my forehead, nose, between eyes, chin, etc) is a constant war zone filled with acne problems. Not only that, the edges of my face often get acne as well.

In order to improve this, during the last 5+ years I've been trying all sorts of skincare products, regiments, lifestyle changes, etc. I've thrown tons and tons of money (or at least as much as I've been able to) to the skincare industry. This skincare blog is definitely a big part of it - detailing the progression of my skin, the products I've tried and the results I've gotten from them, as well as lots of facts I've learned about skincare in general throughout the years.

Now, without further ado, here are the pics I have. Promise: they are NOT photoshopped in any way whatsoever. I took them with the webcam from my new computer (still transitioning to Windows 8), which is probably the best camera I could find where I could properly control (as much as I could) self-taken photos.

For makeup: I do have some eye makeup on (eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, undereye concealer, brow powder) but nothing else. No foundation, bronzer, blush, face primer, powder, etc. I do, however, have sunscreen on (I wear it everyday).


picture016

Here's a very closeup pic of my forehead. As you can see I have some little bumps on my forehead. These are part of the acne I battle all the time. I try to approach acne from a preventative standpoint - aka try to get rid of them before they erupt as serious, vibrant pustules. You can also see an acne scar between the top of my nose area and my right eye (hyperpigmentation). These pictures were actually taken post-fall semester of MS-1, after my acne had subsided a lot (due to high cortisol levels from med school stress of exams and beyond). Thus you are seeing my skin in the best light it has been in for months.


picture017

Here's a view of the right side of my face. Generally acne-free but you can see acne on my chin and in the area next to my eyes.


picture018

Here's a picture of the left side of my face. Generally same conclusions as the right side, except there's less acne around the eye area periphery.


picture019

My chin area: as you can see there are quite a lot of acne marks and scars, especially compared to the rest of my face. I don't think my webcam does the marks/scars justice - there are actually a lot more than are actually shown - objectively probably 3x more. I've been trying different things for years to try to get rid of this, but these are the results I've had.

Overall I think my skin is okay. At least it has gotten a lot better since my middle/high school years. As you can see in the archives of this blog, I've gone through a lot of products. I'll definitely keep on trying new things as time goes on!

Question: can anyone tell me whether I have warm, cool, or neutral skintones? I can't really tell. I understand that most people automatically assume East Asians have yellow skintones but as shown on Musicalhouses this is not always the case. I think I have pinkish undertones but I'm not exactly sure.

In case if anyone wishes to know:

Makeup:
Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Light 4-5
ELF Complexion Perfection powder (covering the concealer)
DIY eye primer
Be A Bombshell Eyeliner
Clinique Quickliner in Black
Stila Eyeshadow + ELF Eyeshadows + Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Highlight
Urban Decay Waterline eyeliner in Dime
ELF eyelid pencil (light brown), Stila Eyeshadow for brow powder
Neutrogena Healthy Volume Waterproof Mascara in Carbon Black using ELF Eyelash Curler

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger