Review: GUD Natural Body Lotion Orange Petalooza

/ Friday, June 22, 2012 /
Natural Body Lotion Orange Petalooza

A few weeks ago, I received a sample of GUD's Natural Body Lotion in Orange Petalooza in the mail. I believe GUD is a new line from Burt's Bees that is sold at Target. This company is selling skincare-related products including lotion, body butters, body washes, body mist, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. This line was meant to be a part of Burt's Bees that focused on scents and brought in fun into their products.

So I decided to try it, since it seemed pretty interesting. Hmm... was it "GUD", or rather, "good"?

Well, first, here is the ingredients list.


Taken off directly from website (www.gudhappens.com):
Ingredients: water, cetearyl glucoside, fragrance, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), cetyl alcohol, tapioca starch, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, hyssopus officinalis extract*, juglans nigra (black walnut) leaf extract*, melissa officinalis leaf extract*, rosa canina fruit extract*, rubus idaeus (raspberry) leaf extract*, tocopherol, cetearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, citric acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, alcohol denat. *Organic.


Just from reading the ingredients list, one can see that this product has several types of oils, including sunflower oil, cetyl alcohol (fatty alcohol), soybean oil, glycerin, capric triglyceride, rose caina fruit extract, etc. This product also has shea butter, which is supposed to be good and moisturizing for the skin.

The packaging also says that the product is paraben, phthalate, and petrochemical-free. I guess this lives up to the Burt's Bees motto of being "All Natural", huh?

When I first tried it, I felt that the white lotion was kind of hard to spread. Well, okay. Then, after I finally spread it onto my skin, it did not seem to absorb very easily into my skin. Hmm. Problem.

However, after it did absorb, my skin actually felt pretty soft and smooth. And I've got to tell you, the company did keep its promise of delivering a product with scent. This time, as it is quoted on the packaging of the product, the "scent of blood orange and hyacinth". Its scent was so strong that it felt like an orange had thrown up on me. Also, there was a faint hint of a floral-like smell - most likely the hyacinth. It's really cool that even though the scent is very strong, it didn't make my skin break out into a giant rash, which happens not uncommonly, because I have sensitive skin. O.o

Pretty darn powerful.

The weird thing was that about 20 min after I put the lotion on, I started feeling like the lotion was drying up my skin. Sure, it was making my skin softer, but the lotion felt like it was a desiccant of some sort. O.o

The scent did last a long time though. I've got to admit that. I put the lotion on before I went to bed, and the next morning, the scent was still there, just as strong as ever.

Overall? I think this lotion is all right, if you can get over the desiccation effect.

The price of this is $7 for an 8 oz tube, which is actually a good, affordable price, especially for a Burt's Bees product, which is kind of on the pricey side for a brand, regarding drugstore products.

Would I buy the full size? It is not perfect, but for a night lotion, I might actually consider buying the full-size version of this.

Have you guys/gals tried super strong scented lotion before? How did it feel? Leave a comment!

Source: 1/2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger