Maybelline Falsies Black Drama Waterproof Review

/ Sunday, December 4, 2011 /

My Almay One Coat has run through its three-month life and has also dried up. I had asked several people about what mascara to try next, and different people suggested different things. One person in a previous post suggested Maybelline Colossal, so I tried to go to CVS to pick it up, but unfortunately they were out. The only one that was there was the Maybelline Falsies Volume Express, Black Drama. So I decided to try it.

Note: I always get waterproof mascaras. I have stick-straight, short Asian eyelashes. Yeah, it sucks, but I have to work around this, right?

First thing: The packaging is very pretty, I have got to say. It's looks very nice. The bottle is very thick but it is not too big, like the CoverGirl LashBlast was.

This was the packaging:


This is what the brush looked like. Note that it has a curved, spoon-shaped wand. Very interesting.

Note here: do you see there is a thinner part of the wand here? In the middle? it's so that the brush can be more "bendy".

Here is the inner part of the tube. Pretty typical huh? However, when I wipe the wand along the inner parts of the tube to get rid of the excess mascara so that I can actually apply it to my eyes without having tons of fallout, I get this:

Ugh.

Here is what the tube is like in comparison with my Almay:


Here are the wands:
I think the Maybelline Falsies mascara is more intricate, just by appearance at least.

And, how does it function? Well, I've got to say, after just one coat, the Maybelline mascara coats my lashes very very well, There are some clumps, but I can get them out with a lash and brow comb. It definitely holds a curl very very well (after I curled with my ELF eyelash curler). It also doesn't irritate my eyes, like the CoverGirl LashBlast did.

I've got to say, all in all, Maybelline Falsies in Black Drama, waterproof, is my favorite out of all 5 mascaras I have tried in my life.

The ones I've tried:
1. Maybelline Falsies in Black Drama, Waterproof
2. Almay One Coat Thickening Mascara, Black, Waterproof
3. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume, Black, Waterproof
4. CoverGirl LashBlast Length, Black, Water-resistant
5. Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume, Black (not waterproof)

We'll see how long this mascara lasts!

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger