DIY Eye Primer

/ Thursday, December 8, 2011 /
Hey guys,

I recently decided to try to make my own DIY eye primer. I've used the ELF eyelid primer for awhile, but alas it has run out. I could just pop into the store and buy another one for $1, but I saw this awesome recipe for primer online, and I thought, why not?

My source is here:

Anyways, here's the formula I used:
1. Body butter (any brand, any scent; I used the Tree Hut Body Butter in Coconut Lime)
2. Concealer, or foundation (any brand; I used Maybelline FitMe Concealer in Medium 20)
3. A small jar
4. Toothpick or paper clip (unfolded) for mixing

So the formula is basically just a 1:1 mixture of body butter and concealer. Just mix it really well in the jar with the toothpick or paper clip.

Pictures:
1. Body butter


2. Concealer:

3. End product:

4. Here's a comparison of the use of eyeshadow with and without the primer. The swatch on the left is without any base, while the one on the right is with the DIY primer. The eyeshadow is the brown shade from the duo 03 Ginger by Estee Lauder.


Hope this DIY eye primer formula works! Try it out if you would like, and tell me about the results! If you already have body butter and eyeshadow, this can be for less than the $1 + some for gas for getting the ELF eyelid primer, and will definitely save you $$ if you use this instead of Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance!

Let me know if it works for you.

<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger