Review: Origins Checks & Balances Frothy Face Wash

/ Tuesday, September 25, 2012 /
Note: this post was written originally around January 2012. At that time I was still in college. Somehow it got lost in all of those posts I "posted"!

Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash 5 fl. oz.

I got this wash as a Christmas gift from my mother. She bought it in a holiday set from Macy's (along with the A Perfect World facial moisturizer).

This product is, as the name describes, a very frothy, fluffy face wash. You squeeze out a little bit from the tube and just rub it all over your face. Afterwards, you gently massage it into your face, and then you wash it off. This product is ideally for combination and oily skin types. Or at least the lady at the Origins counter stand told me later on.

My first impressions? Pretty darn good.

The face wash, despite not having any "special ingredients" like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, actually cleaned my face pretty well. It got rid of all of the oil and even the excess makeup that I was not able to get off originally. Also, it really really cleaned my face well. My face LITERALLY felt "squeaky clean".

I usually use this twice at night in the shower, and once in the morning.

A great plus is that this is in a tube, which means that it is more hygienic than if it were in a jar. Also, a little bit goes a long way, and one bottle can last me a long long time.

This wash has gotten great reviews all over (you can check makeupalley.com for this), and I think it lives up to its reputation.

The only thing I don't like about it is its price. It costs $19.50 for 5 oz at Sephora, and I couldn't find it any cheaper anywhere else. I guess the good thing is that it lasts a long time, but the problem is that, since I am still in college and am about to go to med school soon, this is A LOT. 

Would I repurchase it? If I had the $$, yes. But since I don't, I have to stick to cheaper things.

Who would I recommend this product to? People with oily or combination skin.

Would would I NOT recommend this product to? People with dry skin.

Have you guys/gals ever used this product? If so, do you like it or dislike it? Leave a comment!

<3


Sources: 1 / 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger