Summer means sunscreen galore...

/ Friday, June 21, 2013 /
Summer is in full swing and that means major sunscreen time. This year, this is especially important to me since basically for summer in med school after 1st year, we only have 1 month off (the month of July). I don't want to get skin cancer and personally don't like tanning either. Thus, here's my regiment so far:



Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 - I'm trying to actually use this sunscreen up (has basically just a little bit left). I had 2 bottles of this but I'm down to the last bit of my second bottle. Yay for finishing products!



20130117_135356

Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen for Face, SPF 30+ - This is a sunscreen I've also had for awhile. I'm almost done with my first bottle of this. This is actually a very effective inorganic sunscreen with very full broad-spectrum coverage. I've already gone ahead and purchased 2 other bottles of this sunscreen just in case. I alternate between the Origins and this product in order to try to compare their effects.


Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 15 Moisturizing Body Lotion

Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 15 Moisturizing Body Lotion - I am generally not consistent about putting on sunscreen on my body. However, this summer, especially during my Cali vacation, I want to make an extra effort to take better care of my skin, and by this I don't mean just the skin on my face. Thus, I really wanted to find a product that would be lightweight, have some SPF protection but not be too cakey, and also would be rather nice-smelling. Eucerin has always been a good, reliable brand that's known for its generally non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic skincare products. Thus when I saw a chance to grab this product I decided to go for it. This product does not have very complete UVA ray coverage (using titanium dioxide as the main UVA-ray ingredient). This is probably my only qualm about the product. However, I'm willing to gamble for it as it has very good UVB ray coverage, has rave reviews. and is lightweight as well. Thank goodness.


Shiseido Refreshing Sun Protection Spray for Body & Hair Broad Spectrum SPF 16 - I purposefully bought this product for an upcoming vacation to California. Throughout all of my years in the States, my hair has gotten lighter and lighter (from a dark black to a brown). I can definitely attribute this sunbleaching to sun damage and not properly taking care of my hair. I've actually never used a spray sunscreen before (the studies on their efficacy have been inconclusive for the most part) but I think this will be an excellent product to use on my hair on the beach. This product was actually quite pricey ($30 for 5.2 fl oz) but it was the only hair sunscreen product that I found that had at least semi-good reviews. Thus I just bit my lip and bought it. We'll see what happens!

ChapStick LipShield 365, Skin Protectant/Sunscreen, SPF 50+
ChapStick LipShield 365 in SPF 50+ - this is a product I've used throughout this past semester at school and beyond. So far I've used up about 2/5 of the product and I look forward to getting many more uses out of it. I really appreciate the fact that this product provides broad-spectrum sun protection and has a nice, sweet-smelling coconut scent. My only (slight) qualm about this product is that it easily comes off. However, so far I have not found any other product that provides this much sun protection at this price range, especially. Thus, I think this is one compromise that is okay for now.

Of course, in the middle, I'll be reviewing other sunscreen-containing products and talking about other products. This especially includes SPF-containing products on this list that I haven't reviewed yet. Overall, these products will be my main staples.

Have a great day ya'll!

Photo sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger