Review: bareMinerals Multi-Wrinkle Repair

/ Friday, June 7, 2013 /
bareMinerals - Multi-Wrinkle Repair
Photo source
FTC: I received a sample of this from a Sephora order. I am not compensated for this review.
I've been constantly looking for an awesome nighttime moisturizer for my skin. Lately my skin has become very dry, despite the constant outdoor humidity, because in the summer here it's literally too hot to be outside a lot. Indoors, A/C means that there's a lot of dryness. Thus, hence the nighttime dryness.

Hence when I saw this during a Sephora order, I thought it'd be a good idea to try it.

Ingredients:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Tribehenin, Isohexadecane, Batyl Alcohol, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 60, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Alpinia Galanga Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Polyquaternium-51, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Soil Minerals, Potassium Hydroxide, Ceramide 2, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Peg-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Trisodium Edta, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool.

Initial response: there's a lot of ingredients, a lot of oils, a lot of whatevers. There's a lot of skin protectants - the glycerins, dimethicones, glycols, etc. Interesting.

My reaction when I actually used it? It felt like I was putting milk on my skin.

It was quite nice.

Pros:
  • Soft, milky consistency
  • Did not break me out
  • Half-way between a liquid and a gel
  • Lots of skin protectants
  • Smoothed my skin out
Cons:
  • Price! $50 for 1 fl oz. That's crazy.
Bottom line, if I had money, I think I would probably buy this. I think it's worth the price. However, I don't have that kind of cash to deal out. Thus, we'll have to move onto the next product....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger