Review: Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion

/ Sunday, June 9, 2013 /
Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion
Photo source
FTC: I received a sample of this product from a school dermatology fair. I am not compensated for any reviews.

From my earliest experiences that I can recall with skincare products, Eucerin has always made products that are well-suited for sensitive or sensitized skin types. There are very few extra fragrances, ingredients are usually chosen to be non-comedogenic for most skin types, and the labels advertise exactly what they mean and no more.

Thus, when I received this product during a dermatology fair held by my school, I was really estatic to try it. I had been looking for a successor body lotion to my Nivea and Olay Quenching Lotions and this seemed really excellent.

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Urea, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methylpropanediol, Octyldodecanol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Tapioca Starch, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Arginine HCl, Sodium PCA, Dimethiconol, Lactic Acid, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Carnitine, Ceramide 3, Mannitol, Serine, Sucrose, Citrulline, Glycogen, Histidine HCL, Alanine, Threonine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine HCL, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, 1,2 Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol


A cursory glance reveals a lot of info. Glycerin - a humectant - is listed as a major ingredient. The product is clearly water-based, and shea butter and methicone serve as skin protectants. A lot of amino acids are also present, although I am not exactly sure of their concentrations and efficacies. A fatty alcohol (cetearyl alcohol) is also present for emollient purposes.

Pros:

  • Super emollient and moisturizing
  • Did not make my skin break out
  • No itchiness
  • No sticky residue
  • Felt like "milk for my skin"
Cons:

I definitely approve of this product! The pros are definitely worth the price!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger