Review: Murad Time-Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles

/ Wednesday, June 19, 2013 /
Murad Time Release Retinol Concentrate for Deep Wrinkles
Photo source
FTC: I received a sample of this product from Sephora. I am not compensated for any reviews.
Retinols are definitely looked at as products that actually do have anti-aging properties. I personally think they're pretty awesome. Thus, when the nice skincare expert lady at Sephora gave me some samples of this new product from Murad, I decided to go for it.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Glycine Soja (Soybean ) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Lauryl Lactate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Retinol, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Urea, Yeast Amino Acids, Trehalose, Inositol, Taurine, Betaine, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Laureth-23, Trideceth-6 Phosphate, Triethanolamine, Ceramide-3, Punica Granatum Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Gluconate, Ascorbic Acid, Chitosan, Propyl Gallate, Dissolvine Na2P, Carbomer, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Lots of nice things such as silicones and humectants (glycerin) as well as moisturizing products (soybean oil, fatty alcohols, etc). Interesting use of inostitol and taurine as well. I think this ingredients list is actually pretty good.

The instructions stated to apply this product after washing your skin with a cleanser and before applying moisturizer. Thus, I did it for awhile.

Results?


  • Pros:
    • Made my skin firmer, smoother
    • Did seem to renew my skin
    • No break-out of skin
    • No allergic effects
  • Cons:
    • 5 for 0.5 oz. Ridiculous. I've found retinols that work well for much lower prices.
Overall, what do I think? I think it's a good product for a person who can afford it. As for me, this was definitely a novel substance but it's not helpful for the price.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger