Secrets to beautiful skin

/ Thursday, February 7, 2013 /
So many to list! Here are the ones that I personally like.


  • Drink lots of water - Always have a water bottle with you!
  • Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies - don't buy the frozen meals and stuff; they aren't as good as the fresh stuff
  • Get lots of sleep - this one I'm not so good at but I've been trying to catch up on weekends
  • Work out - but always shower and wash your face carefully afterward
  • Always wear sunscreen everyday, whether it's cloudy and rainy or sunny and bright or anywhere in between
  • Always wash off your makeup before you go to bed
  • Apply a face mask a few times a week. My favorite one consists of a 1:1 lime and cucumber juice, oatmeal, and honey mixed in. Put it all together and let it sit on your face till it dries off (typically 15 min). Your skin will feel so good afterward.
  • An alternative face mask you can use is just 1:1 lime juice: cucumber juice. Put it on a compressed face mask and apply the face mask to your face for about 20-30 min.
  • Put on moisturizer every night before you go to bed.
  • Wear a hat.
  • Reapply sunscreen as often as necessary.
  • If your legs and arms are dry (esp during the winter) use a lotion that you like or coconut oil.
  • Use an eye cream if you wish (but you don't have to; it's not completely necessary - you just need something emollient around your eyes).
  • Above all else, DON'T STRESS! Seriously I've found that the thing that breaks me out the most is stress. Whenever it gets close to exam times (during med school especially) I find myself breaking out in tons, much more than I ever did before I started med school, even in college and high school, comparable to my worst acne I got during my teenage years.
Hope this helps! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger