Review: Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream (Normal-Combo skin)

/ Wednesday, February 20, 2013 /

This. is. da. bomb.

I have been searching for a good, non-comedogenic, light, hydrating nighttime moisturizer for my face. As you all may know, I have combination-oily, acne-prone skin. What does this mean? It means that I have normal skin around my cheek area but around my t-zone (forehead, nose, down to my chin) I am prone to getting breakouts. I definitely do have acne, depending on my levels of cortisol (a hormone that correlates with the amount of stress I'm under). And of course, around the hormonal changes that surround most women, etc.

I got a sample of this product originally in the mail. Oh my goodness. So light, yet refreshing. It is literally the first dupe I've found of Clinique's Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief.

Clinique - Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Ingredients (Garnier product):


Water , Glycerin , Alcohol Denatured , Dimethicone , Isononyl Isononanoate , Carbomer , Dimethiconol , Chlorphenesin , Caprylyl Glycol , Sodium Hydroxide , Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract , Xanthan Gum , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tocopherol Acetate , Ascorbyl Glucoside , Methoxypropanediol , Magnesium Gluconate , Sodium Citrate , Benzyl Salicylate , Linalool , Calcium Gluconate , Biosaccharide Gum 1 , Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxalde , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Yellow 5 , Blue 1 , Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol


As you can see, the second ingredient, glycerin, is a humectant - water-retaining product. That is nice. Dimethicone is a skin protectant, which is also a nice addition

Pros:

  • Really light-feeling
  • Only slightly sticky (less sticky than the Clinique product)
  • Really moisture-retaining
  • Doesn't make me break out (non-comedogenic)
  • Price ($7 for 1.7 oz at HEB/Target/Walmart/wherever, vs. Clinique, which is $37 for the same size at Sephora)
Cons:
  • Really big, heavy scent (characteristic of most Garnier products, in fact)
  • Jar packaging - susceptible to bacteria

Overall, I definitely liked this product. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. Personally, in some aspects, I like this better than Clinique's because it feels less sticky, and of course because of the price. I could buy 5 Garnier's for just one Clinique! Seriously!

I have just repurchased this.

Source: 1 / 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger