Winter skincare tips

/ Sunday, November 18, 2012 /
ID-1006581
Image courtesy of dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Whoo-hoo, it's finally winter!

Finally.

Seriously I've been waiting for it for quite awhile.

Where I live, it is basically a sauna 8-9 months in the year. It doesn't get "cold", as in the mid 50s, until about this time of the year. And it stays like this for ~2 months until it gets way hot again. Seriously. I remember days in December where it was 80 degrees. Isn't that crazy?

Anyway wintertime brings in lots of skin issues. Meaning, dry skin issues.

These are some of the tips/ideas I've gleaned/adopted:

1. Use a lot of emollient skin products for body moisturization.

Like I stated in my Fall post, I use the following products:

Coconut oil
NOW Foods Virgin Coconut Oil
C.O. Bigelow's Lemon & Pomegranate Lip Cream (will review later):

Beauty product




2. Drink lots of water, tea, but less coffee. Seriously hot tea from Starbucks has saved me whenever I go there to study (and it's also a cheap thing on the menu... lolz).

3. Shampoo your hair every other day, and do a co-wash (conditioner-only wash) if you really want to was your hair. (This is more of a thing that I preach rather than do currently... because of anatomy lab and stuffs. I'll probably do this more often after I finish lab)

4. Carry a chapstick and little hand lotion with you just in case.

I carry a SPF15 chapstick by Chapstick brand, and a Nivea hand cream tin (1 oz) with me. Just in case. It really helps.

Nivea Hand Cream

5. Always moisturize your face morning and night.

In the morning I always put on a sunblock or sunscreen. At night, I put on a face moisturizer. Currently I am testing several products, some of which are:

Puristics Advanced Skin Care Rejuvenation (review is still under process, still testing):




Clean & Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturizer (recently finished)
Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

etc.

6. Use facials! All of those DIY facials with lemon/lime juice/cucumber/honey/oatmeal/aspirin/etc. They all are pretty good. Even coffee grinds (already filtered through) or used tea leaves/tea bag remnants work well. They are all good for you and cost very little! Just remember to moisturize afterward ;)

7. Get a good night's sleep. Once again this is one of those things I preach but don't always practice well (sorry).

Ta-ta for now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger