Review: Puristics Totally Ageless Advanced Skin Rejuvenating Lotion

/ Sunday, November 25, 2012 /
Puristics Totally Ageless Advanced Skin Rejuvenating Lotion

I found this line of skincare in the clearance aisle of my local grocery store a few weeks ago. I had been looking for a new nighttime moisturizer so I decided, why not?

The original price of the product is about $22 at the grocery store for 1.7 oz, $16.50 on drugstore.com. I bought it for $2.

And now I know why it was so heavily discounted.

Ingredients:

Purified Water, Squalane (Olives), Octyl Palmitate (Skin conditioner), Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride (Coconut/palm), Saccharomyces Ferment Extract (Hexapeptide-11 [natural collagen builder), Glycerin, Sucrose Distearate (Sugar), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Wax, Palm Butter, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Seed Oil, Sucrose Stearate, Citric Acid, Ethylhexl Glycerin (Skin emollient), Glyceryl Stearate SE (Plant based), Tapioca Starch, Hydrogenated Lecithin (Soybeans), Xanthan Gum (Fermented sugar), Rosewood (Aniba Rosaeodora) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid) (Natural skin conditioner), Polylysine (Natural preservative), Honeysuckle Extract (Natural preservative)

THERE ARE SO MANY OCCLUSIVE AGENTS HERE! All of those oils and stuff. Sure, they are moisturizing ingredients, but at the same time, they definitely will not be good for my acne-prone skin. No wonder why I started breaking out afterward.

I just want to say "tsk tsk tsk" to myself for doing this. Lolz.

Anyway I've got to say:

Pros:
-Very moisturizing on face and neck
-Has lots of vitamins for more nourishment

Cons:
-Price ($20 for 1.7 oz, especially at the drugstore, that's approaching high-end product prices)
-Very comedogenic for most skin types, especially oily/combination/acne-prone/etc.

Bottom line? This would be a good product probably for people with dry skin. But for me, with combination, acne-prone skin, this was a definite mistake. You can probably tell this won't be a repo for me.

Source: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger