Such a good DIY face mask.

/ Monday, November 12, 2012 /
I've always liked using DIY products because I know what ingredients go into them, and what preservatives/chemicals with long names/etc are left out. One of the main things I like to DIY is face masks. I'm always searching for an ideal combo of ingredients that would help out my skin - brightening, cleansing, scar-lightening, etc.

Lately I've been using lime juice (freshly squeezed) with my compressed face masks but they seemed to be just too irritating. Therefore I started trying something new and ended up with something of a wholesome amalgamation.

Hence, a recipe that I concocted, taken for multiple years of research and blog-searching and fact-finding and everything:

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon dissolved aspirin tablet granules (extra strength aspirin pills dissolved originally in witch hazel)
  • 1 oz honey
  • 1 tablespoon oatmeal
  • 2 key limes
Instructions:
  1. In a small microwaveable bowl, mix the aspirin tablet granules, honey, oatmeal, and 1 key lime's squeezed out juice.
  2. Heat in microwave for 1 minute.
  3. Take out, mix again, and place in the other key lime's squeezed out juice.
  4. Apply the mask using your fingers or a foundation brush onto your face.
  5. Leave on mask for 15 min.
  6. Rinse off.
The mask should dry off afterward. It felt SO GOOD afterward.
Uses of each of the materials:
Aspirin: For reducing inflammation and for exfoliation
Honey: For exfoliating, brightening, softening, toning of skin
Oatmeal: For soothing purposes, for moisturizing and basically placating the skin, and neutralizing the lime
Lime: For brightening, (even whitening), lightening (acne) scars, etc.

(I'm not going to post a picture of the face mask on my face on here, because it looks like I have throw-up on my face! But trust me, it feels SOO good afterward. And my face was not stinging at all from the lime juice.)

If you try this recipe, lemme know how it goes! Peace out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger