Review: Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil

/ Sunday, October 28, 2012 /

Josie Maran - Argan Oil

I was fortunate enough to receive a sample of this product in the mail recently. Josie Maran is a high-end brand sold at Sephora. This product - which consists solely of 100% pure argan oil, eponymous to the name of the product - is from Morocco. The oil is, according to the Sephora website, grown organically in Morocco. It is meant to be used on the skin, hair, nails, and is supposed to be good for all skin types, and helps with acne problems.

Well, seeing such an awesome product, I decided to go ahead and try it!

Which just amounted to me simply rubbing it into my hair and nails at night.

Result? Well, the next morning, I felt that my nails were definitely more nourished. I had allowed the oil to absorb into them at night, and afterwards my cuticles felt softer and... well, perhaps like I had just had a manicure or something. Pretty good.

But my hair was a different story. (Note first, that I have stick-straight East Asian hair, dark brown color.) Normally, I use a hair serum at night, so I was used to putting something into my hair. But usually, by the next morning, my hair will have absorbed it, and it would feel very smooth and nourishing for my hair. Check out my Fruitopia Hair Serum for details. But anyway, this time, though, it seemed like my hair was just a grease ball. Simply a disgusting grease ball. I had to actually wash my hair with shampoo (only) two times before the  greasiness went away.

Not so cool.

So, overall, what do I think? In general, it seems pretty good for nails and perhaps drier hair and skin. After all, it is an oil. However, for me, it does not work as well for my hair. Like I said before, I just became a grease ball.

This product retails at $48 for 1.7 oz at Sephora.

Would I buy the full-sized version of this product? Probably not, at least as of right now. I have my hair serum and lotions to use as of now, and my cuticles can just be nourished by (much more affordable) olive oil. Later on in life, though, after I graduate from med school and pay back my (bucket loads of) loans, perhaps I might consider purchasing this.

Have you guys/gals ever bought some kind of oil similar to this? What would you recommend me to try? Leave a comment!

<3

Source: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger