Review: Olay Sensitive Foaming Face Wash

/ Sunday, September 8, 2013 /
Olay Sensitive Foaming Face Wash - 7 oz
Source
FTC: I bought this product with my own money. I am not compensated for any reviews.

Olay has always been known as a great brand for skincare products. My mother and many of her friends have raved about Regenerist products and many other lines this brand has carried throughout the years. Recently, I had been looking at their facial products, and seeing the awesome reviews of this gentleness of product, I decided to go for it.

According to the P&G Website, the ingredients are as shown:

Ingredient List: Water/Eau, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide Mea, Laureth-10, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin.

Hmm... looking at this list, it seems like there aren't a lot of ingredients listed. The SLES is fine as a foaming agent; there don't seem to be any acne-fighting ingredients; overall, it looks like a simple face wash.

During this time period that I tried it was when I was going back to med school for my second year. Of course, the stress boiled up almost instantaneously. Break-out galore. Uh-oh.

Thus, it didn't seem surprising that this product did not help with the acne.

Pros:
  • Very gentle product - no desquamating/exfoliating properties, just a simple cleanser
  • Did not make me break out more
  • Cost - $4.99 for 7 fl oz
Cons:
  • Did not help me clear out my acne
  • Felt like it did not actually clean my skin - no foaming properties really or anything else.
Bottom line, this product goes along with the Purpose and Cetaphil washes, but doesn't work as well as the other two, IMO. Thus, I would recommend this product to a person with sensitive or sensitized skin without acne. As for me, I think I need to find an acne-fighting product again O.o

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger