Review: Dead Sea Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream

/ Thursday, September 5, 2013 /
Dead Sea Spa Anti-wrinkle 1.7-ounce Eye Cream
Source
FTC: I purchased this product with my own money. I am not compensated for any reviews.

I have gone back and forth about eye creams. Sometimes I go with John Su's assessment of the over-hyped nature of eye creams, while other times I think about Michelle Phan's assessment of them and their necessity. I've tried both lotions and eye creams, from backwards and forwards, and ultimately my personal assessments have been inconclusive. Thus, when I saw this product at Ross on discount at $6.99, I decided to go for it.

According to Overstock, the ingredients are:

Ingredients: Deionised Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Peg-40 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Dead Sea Salt, Sorbitan Tristearate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A).

A cursory glance reveals that this products contains a lot of hydrating ingredients. All of these glycerin-based ingredients, oils, and vitamin A derivatives suggest that this product is geared toward brightening and firming the skin. I'm personally glad there are parabens, because this product is open-jar and therefore can be exposed to a lot of bacteria. 

Pros:
  • Very moisturizing and hydrating
  • Did not break me out around the eye area
  • Has a bunch of awesome firming and anti-aging ingredients
  • A little goes a long way - I've used this product for a month and have barely made a dent in it!
  • Firming and brightening properties - this is one of the first products I've tried that actually helps me firm up my baggy dark circles. Normally I would use more concealer to cover them up during the day, but with this product I've noticed that I don't need concealer as often!
Cons:
  • Hard to find - you won't be able to find this at any drugstore; I found it quite haphazardly at Ross while otherwise, the only place I've found it as at Overstock
  • Price - one individual jar of 1.7 fl oz costs $17.99 at Overstock; even though I was lucky enough to find it at Ross, 
Bottom line, I think this was an interesting product to try, and I'm thankful I was able to find it for such a discounted price (at about 60% off). I'm still going back and forth between whether eye creams are worth it or not, but as of right now I think this is a great product to try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger