Review: L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara

/ Tuesday, August 28, 2012 /

20120716_194530 20120716_185517 20120716_194621 20120716_194627 20120716_194725



This is the latest mascara I've tried among my whole schlew that I've gone through. The eighth one I've tried and used, to be exact!

I bought this about a month ago at Walmart for $5.84. Very affordable, yes.

First, some basics.
My hair type/eyelash type: short, thin, stick-straight, point straight out, dark brown
My skin type/hair type (general): East Asian, dark brown
How I usually put on mascara: Two coats, first curl with eyelash curler beforehand (ELF Mechanical Curler, $1 from eyeslipsface.com)

What I look for in a mascara:
  1. Waterproof (doesn't smear or smudge)0
  2. Dark
  3. Voluminizing
  4. Lengthening
  5. Doesn't irritate my contact lenses
  6. Hypoallergenic (hopefully)
  7. Affordability

Yes, that's a lot of qualifications!

Now, how did I rate this mascara? What did I think of it?

Pros:
-Very black
-Decent at voluminizing
-Doesn't irritate contact lenses
-Affordable

Neutrals:
-Doesn't lengthen
-Doesn't need a heated eyelash curler, just normal eyelash curler suffices.

Cons:
-SMEARS like crazy. Everyday I use it. Even though I knew coming into this that I heard some people had their mascara smear, I never knew it would be this bad. Toward the end of the day, people would ask me if I had cried or had a black eye or something. Or if I was having a bad makeup day or something. Terrible. Because I live in terrible weather in the deep South, I need to have true waterproof if I don't want to look like a clown by the end of the day. And this just doesn't hold up.

Overall? If you don't mind smudging, and want a good black, voluminizing mascara, go for this one!

I will not be repurchasing this one though.

Previously tried mascaras (reverse chronological order):


1. Maybelline Colossal in Classic Black, Waterproof
2. Maybelline Falsies in Black Drama, Waterproof
3. Almay One Coat Thickening Mascara, Black, Waterproof
4. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume, Black, Waterproof
5. CoverGirl LashBlast Length, Black, Water-resistant
6. CoverGirl VolumeExact, Very Black, Waterproof (sorry, in earlier posts, I had forgotten about this one!)
7. Estee Lauder MagnaScopic Maximum Volume, Black (not waterproof)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger