My DIY acne toner + other skincare remedies

/ Monday, April 4, 2011 /
Hiya guys!


Updated skincare routine!!! I have now added a homemade toner, modified with slight editions from different sources + advice. My skin has never been clearer =D


Every night, I use a homemade DIY acne toner. This toner was originally inspired by secretlifeofabionerd's Youtube video on an aspirin toner:





I've modified this to adapt to what I like best, and added some other stuff.


My ingredients:
1. Witch Hazel, CVS Generic (~$3)
 http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/cvs-witch-hazel


2. Uncoated Aspirin, CVS Generic ($1)
CVS Aspirin 325 mg Uncoated Tablets http://tinyurl.com/3ecsx45


3. Aloe Vera (100%), CVS Generic (~$3)
CVS 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel http://tinyurl.com/44g6w22


4. Small container (preferrably screw-top; I used an old vitamins bottle that I had finished) - free! (or you can buy one from Wal-Mart or Target or any other generic store for ~$1)


5. Green tea powder, Amazon.com (~$36)
 
http://tinyurl.com/452gjh3


I know this last ingredient is really expensive guys, but trust me, it's TOTALLY worth it. Currently, it's the most cost-efficient green tea powder (matcha) available on Amazon, and is much cheaper per ounce than what you would find at a health food shop such as Whole Foods or GNC. In addition, it's really versatile - you can make green tea with it, or green tea ice cream, green tea smoothies, green tea popsicles, everything! And this lasts you a LONG time - I've used my bag (10 oz) for about 1 year and I'm not even halfway through. And that's coming from a person who drinks at least 4 cups of green tea a day. Such a great buy!


Anyways, here's the procedure:
1. Inside the bottle, add 5 - 10 aspirin pills, depending on how strong you want the toner to be.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of green tea powder.
3. Add 2 ounces of witch hazel.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.


Close up the bottle and shake it up! Soon, the aspirin will dissolve, and the green tea powder, aloe vera, and all of the other goodies will be there for your use.


To use: Get a cotton ball, and soak it with the toner solution (be sure to shake up the toner before using!) Gently pad your face with the cotton ball, making sure to get any acne spots. Allow the toner to dry. You will find some grains of aspirin left over on your face, which you can get rid of using another cotton ball or by brushing off using a large makeup brush.


I use this once a night, and trust me, it's made my skin SO much better. In fact, one of my mom's friends saw me the other day and asked me for "the secret ingredients" to how my skin became this way. It definitely works.


Oh yeah, here's a tutorial I found just today on another aloe vera gel mask by secretlifeofabionerd:





Enjoy guys and gals!


<3, chynagrl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger