Review: bliss Lemon+Sage Body Butter

/ Thursday, March 20, 2014 /
Source
FTC: I received this product as a deluxe-sized sample from Sephora (with purchase). I am not compensated for any reviews.
During the winter I am constantly searching for a good body butter, oil, cream, or thick moisturizer of some sort. Whenever I curl up in bed without a moisturizer, my skin feels scaly and dried up, as if I were a shriveled up prune that had baked in a dessicator for hours.

So thus, when I received a deluxe sample of this from Sephora, I was very eager to try it out.


Ingredients:

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Stearate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Phenoxyethanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Algae Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Carbomer, Ethyl Acetate, Cyclohexane, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Calluna Vulgaris Extract, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citral, Limonene.

What did I think of it?

Pros:

  • Glided on super smoothly onto my skin
  • Did not feel sticky or leave a sticky residue
  • Had a light lemon scent that was not too strong
  • Moisturized my skin very well and was very emollient
  • Did not give me body acne or make my skin erupt in a rash
Con:
  • COST. $29 for 6.7 fl oz. I could buy Tree Hut Coconut Lime Body Butter, a body butter with similar efficacy and liking for a quarter of the price. I did find this body butter as part of a holiday gift set (perhaps 3 of these body butters for perhaps around $35) so if I were to buy that set I might actually consider getting the full price, especially since I do like this product, and especially because it is not sticky.
Bottom line, I guess I'm waiting for the next big holiday special for this :3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger