Review on high-end acne skincare: Peter Roth

/ Sunday, March 23, 2014 /
Source
Source
FTC: I purchased both of these products with my own money. I am not compensated for this review.

Lately I've been pretty curious about high-end skincare products. Thus, why not try two at the same time?

Peter Roth's BHA 2% Acne Wash and Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel seemed to have good reviews, so I decided to try them out. 

Ingredients:

BHA (Beta-Hydroxy Acid) 2%:

Salicylic Acid 2.00%, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Quaternium-15, Methylparaben.

Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid), Glycolic Acid/Arginine, Peach Fruit Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Lemon Fruit Extract, Lime Fruit Extract, Linden Flower Extract, Grapefruit Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Red #40, Yellow #5, Fragrance.

My first impression: My skin definitely took some time to get used to both of these products, particularly the BHA than the anti-aging. This is ironic because initially the BHA wash made my skin break out - just the opposite of what it was intended to do!

Here are my thoughts:

BHA face wash:

Pros:
  • Got rid of acne (eventually)
  • 2% salicylic acid for combating acne
Cons:
  • Made my face break out initially
  • Ingredients: SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) was present - not a very good sign for such a detergent to be present
  • Cost - $35 for 8 oz, that's perhaps 4-5 times the price of a drugstore face wash that has similar efficacy at the same size. This means I can get 1.5 years worth of product for the price of this product itself. Not so good.
Anti-aging cleansing gel:

Pros:
  • Did not make me break out
  • Brightened and illuminated my skin
  • Cleared up my face
Cons:
  • Ingredients - also had SLES
  • Cost - Once again, $35 for 8 oz. Enough said.

Overall, I liked the anti-aging cleansing gel better than the BHA face wash. Despite this, I do not think I would purchase the anti-aging cleansing gel due to the cost and the fact that I can find a similar product at drugstore price for the same efficacy and results. I would recommend the anti-aging cleansing gel to those who can afford it and want illuminated skin, though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger