Review: Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion

/ Sunday, December 1, 2013 /
Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion - 16.9 fl oz
Source

When it comes to brands and reputations, Eucerin's always been one of my favorite choices. It is a brand known for its hypoallergenic products, excellent quality standards, and great results.

Thus, when I got some very generous samples of this product from my school's fair, I was super excited to try them!

Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Urea, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Glucoside, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methylpropanediol, Octyldodecanol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Tapioca Starch, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Arginine HCl, Sodium PCA, Dimethiconol, Lactic Acid, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Carnitine, Ceramide 3, Mannitol, Serine, Sucrose, Citrulline, Glycogen, Histidine HCL, Alanine, Threonine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine HCL, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, 1,2 Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol

A cursory glance reveals a lot of emollient and hydrating substances in this product as well as a lack of dyes and excessive fragrances. A lot of glycogen-derivatives and amino acids are also here, although I don't know of their exact concentrations and thus can't comment on their actual efficacies. Alpha hydroxy acid is also present here, which helps with skin turnover and reduce skin scarring.

What did I think of it?

Pros:

  • Very emollient and hydrating
  • Smoothed out my skin
  • Did not leave a waxy texture on my skin
  • Nice price ($10 for 16.9 fl oz)
Cons:
  • Made my skin burn a bit from its alpha hydroxy acids (did not truly anticipate that coming but was my own fault for not thinking of it)
Honestly, I do like this product. I would definitely consider it for long-term purchasing. Ta-ta!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger