Review: Crabtree & Evelyn Hydrating Aloe Vera Body Lotion

/ Sunday, December 15, 2013 /
A long time ago, my mom bought this lotion for me. She told me that it would one day come into great use.
Thus, when I saw it sitting there just a while ago, I thought, why not? Why not give it a go?
Photo source
FTC: I received this product as a gift from my mother. I am not compensated for this review.

Ingredients + Functions (according to CosDNA):
IngredientFunctionUVAcneIrritantSafety 
Water
Solvent
Glycerin
Solvent
Moisturizer
00
Fragrance
Fragrance 
C12-15 alkyl benzoate
Emollient
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
 
Sweet Almond Oil
Avena sativa
Anti-allergic
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
Dimethicone
10
Cetearyl Glucoside
Moisturizer
Emulsifier
Polyacrylamide
Antistatic
Laureth-7
Surfactant
Emulsifier
Caprylyl Glycol
Moisturizer
Emollient
Panthenol
Moisturizer00
Allantoin
Anti-inflammatory
Anti-allergic
00
Squalane
Antistatic
Moisturizer
Antioxidant
Emollient
10
Oleth-10
Emulsifier21
Tocopheryl Acetate
Moisturizer00
Bisabolol
Anti-inflammatory
Tropolone
 
C13-14 Isoparaffin
Solvent
Emollient
1,2-Hexanediol
 
Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer
Benzophenone-3
Sunscreen  00
Disodium EDTA
Sodium Hydroxide
pH Adjusters5
Citric Acid
pH Adjusters
BHT
Preservative
Hexyl Cinnamal
Fragrance
Limonene
Solvent
Fragrance
Butylphenyl Methylpropional
Fragrance
Linalool
Fragrance
Benzyl salicylate
Sunscreen
Citronellol
Fragrance
Citral
Fragrance
Oakmoss
Fragrance
Geraniol
Fragrance
Prunus Amygdalusno matched results
Cetearyl Glycolno matched results

Pros:
  • Extremely hydrating
  • Absorbed almost immediately into my skin
  • Smelled really nice, relaxing, smoothing
  • Did not make my skin break out into a rash
Cons:
  • Potential allergies to fragrances for people with especially sensitive/sensitized skin
  • Price ($48 for 16 oz)
Bottom line, although this is a nice product, I don't think that it's extremely remarkable as a high-end lotion. The Olay Quench Firming Body Lotion is so far my favorite, and it is more affordable as well ($9 for 13.5 oz). And that lotion has anti-aging properties with its high concentrations of niacinamide. Bottom line, although I like this Crabtree & Evelyn product, I won't be purchasing a full-sized version of this product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger