Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment Review

/ Wednesday, July 18, 2012 /
SAM_1904
I recently got a sample of Kate Somerville's Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment from my mother from one of her purchases at Sephora. Immediately, as I opened the packet she gave me, I was a bit overwhelmed by the green goo inside. I had expected something white, clear, or orange like the bottle's colors, but definitely not something crazy green. It was super intense.

The instructions say to take some of the product and likely smoother it over your face and neck. Afterwards, you must let it stay on for 30-60 seconds, shorter if you have sensitive skin.

The first time I used it, I just applied it to my face - not just my trouble spots. Oh my goodness!!! The mechanical work of the tiny beads in the exfoliant was pretty good, through all of the smoothering and spreading over my face, but the enzymes in the ingredients (composition) of the product definitely stung my skin. It was as if I had put on pure lemon juice onto my skin. Painful. Since I have somewhat sensitive skin (it used to be a lot more sensitive when I was younger but has gotten better over the years), I just left it on for around 20 seconds and washed it off.

Afterwards, my skin definitely felt smoother and slightly more refreshed as well. I could smell the product's residual aromas (kind of like a light citrus smell) on my skin, but it was still slightly painful to touch. The product says that one may experience redness for awhile after the product is washed off, but I didn't notice any redness. But still, it felt painful. Seriously.

The next day, I decided to try some of it on the acne on my chest. This time, it was not as painful (very little pain) and the effects were actually pretty good; the acne diminished somewhat significantly afterwards. Cool beans, even though the product did not work in the area it was intended for, it still worked for other functions.

All in all, I've got to say this product is pretty good. It is probably a bit too harsh for people with sensitive skin, even with the reduced timing, but it does work. However, it retails for $85 for 2 oz. That's CRAZY! So little product for such a ginormous price. Would I purchase this? Use your common sense. As of this point in my life, no.

Have you guys and gals every tried this product? Do you know of any exfoliators that you like or dislike? Leave a comment!

<3

Source: 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger