The Sunscreen Project, Part 35: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, Broad Spectrum SPF 45

/ Wednesday, October 23, 2013 /
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen, SPF 45
Photo source

This is the second-to-last sunscreen I will review for the Summer 2013 season of The Sunscreen Project. I actually used this sunscreen for quite awhile during my Cali trip in July.

Honestly, I didn't even buy this sunscreen. My best friend from forever brought it along during the trip. He had used this during his mountain hikes, and so far found it to be a good "protector", so I figured it'd be a good try.

Ingredients, from Drugstore.com:

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, VP Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexl Glycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butycarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance


Pros:

  • Felt light and easy to spread
  • High SPF factor
  • Has both UVA and UVB ray coverage
  • Good price - $10 for 3 fl oz.
Cons:
  • Contains oxybenzone
  • Is a chemical sunscreen, which may irritate sensitive skin types
  • This product stung. Honestly I think it was because I was definitely not used to the more dry Cali climate, but honestly the avobenzone stung my face raw. I remember feeling like I was giving myself hives whenever I put it on (and trust me, the time I got hives was not fun, especially since at the time the eight-year old me did not recognize what it was and did not go to the hospital). On day two of the trip, since my skin hadn't gotten as dry due to the Cali climate, I was okay, but by day 5 of the trip it felt agonizing putting it on every morning.
Ultimately, I think this product is a good thing for those with thick or resilient skin. As for me and my rather sensitized skin, I think I'll pass.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger