Tag: Products I regret buying

/ Friday, March 18, 2011 /
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't written in so long... I've had a TON of exams, quizzes, projects, not to mention my own experiments to set up and conduct. It took FOREVER. Right now I'm exhausted; I've basically pulled 4 consecutive almost all-nighters (sleeping 2-3 hrs each night), and I finally finished my 3rd test a few hours ago, but I thought that I really wanted to get something out to everyone ASAP, so here you go!

There has been a very common tag that I've seen on so many people's sites: the Products I regret buying tag. So here's my own. Please remember that these are my own personal experiences with them, and that my skin type, skin color, age, etc might be very different from other people's.

Oh, sorry: My skin type is normal/combination with a oily t-zone, and I have East Asian skin (of East Asian descent).

Products I regret buying:

1. St. Ives Apricot Scrub: Blemish & Blackhead Control
  http://www.amazon.co.uk/St-Ives-Apricot-Blemish-Blackhead/dp/B000TG863S

This product has lots of little grains for exfoliation, but for me they are just WAY TOO big; the grains really hurt my skin, even the first time I used it. Even if I exfoliated only once a week, it would just scrape my skin raw. Did NOT like that.

2. Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

dermalogica special cleansing gel http://www.amazon.com/Dermalogica-Special-Cleansing-Gel-8-4/dp/B000PKWAM6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300427279&sr=8-2

I got this for $33 on the dermalogica website. I figured I'd splurge since my skin at the time was kind of breaking out a lot more than normal, and I figured if something got a ton of rave reviews and was this pricey, it had to have a reason for it, no? WRONG! I feel like this formula might be too gentle for my skin. It's only 0.5% salicylic acid, and that for me isn't enough. I guess the good thing is that the bottle lasts such a long time; you only need a dime size drop every time, and there's a whole 8.4 ounces in the bottle. I guess that's a good thing, but I'd rather go for quality than for quantity, especially after my painful experiences with acne, sooo....

3. Neutrogena Rapid Clear Sore Pimple Gel
NEUTROGENA®Rapid Clear®Sore Pimple Gel http://www.amazon.com/NEUTROGENA-Rapid-Clear-Sore-Pimple/dp/B0038ZWAFW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1300427458&sr=1-2

At the time I bought this, the product had just come out, so I thought "why not?" Well, I've got to tell you that from the first moment I put a little drop of this onto my acne pimples, it stings A TON. It hurts a lot. Then, afterwards, the cooling effect of the gel takes place and it doesn't hurt as bad, but the stuff flakes off of your skin. I just hate the flaking part, especially since if I put it on at night on my face and went to bed, in the morning there might be flakes of it on my pillow. It's kinda disgusting in a way.

4. Revlon Matte Luxurious Color Kohl Eyeliner, Black Truffle

Revlon Matte Luxurious Color Kohl Eyeliner http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/revlon-matte-luxurious-color-kohl-eyeliner-reviews

This product goes on very well, but it smears very easily. In my opinion, it is the same quality as the Wet N' Wild ColorIcon eyeliners, except they only cost $0.99 each, while this one cost $10. I could get 10 of the same thing with the price of one of these. Not so cool. I'm trying to use it up so that I can finally throw it away!

5. E.L.F. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/elf-wet-gloss-lash-brow-clear-mascara-reviews

Now, I know I put in an earlier post that I had liked this product, but tell you the truth, this product flakes, dries really hard, and is not useful at all. It's kind of a pain. I'm really glad it was only $1, compared to the $10 eyeliner (now, I know all of these prices are relatively cheap compared to stuff like Lancome and Estee Lauder, but I'm on a poor college student budget, so yeah...). Not recommend to buy it.

6. Theraflu Warming Relief Cold & Chest Congestion, Orange
Theraflu Warming Relief Cold & Chest Congestion, Orange, 8.3-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)  http://www.amazon.com/Theraflu-Warming-Congestion-8-3-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B002DWA210/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1300427718&sr=8-21

Now, I know this isn't a beauty product, but I just wanted to put this out here because a month ago I had a TERRIBLE cold and this was the only medicine that I could buy at the time, until I got a friend to take me to Target. This thing tastes horrible. You have to drink a lot of it for each proper serving (2 tablespoons; there's a measuring cup to go with it) and it's really hard to gulp down. Not so cool. DayQuil and Nyquil are much better, in my opinion.

So yep, that's it so far guys, thanks for reading this far! Comment if you guys have any products you dislike/regret buying. Doesn't have to be makeup, can be anything!

<3 chynagrl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger