Review: Onagrine Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream & Eye Contour

/ Monday, January 28, 2013 /


From left to right: Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream, Eye Contour


I was fortunate enough to receive samples of these two products in the mail. As you all know, I am constantly trying new skincare products in search of the awesome ones that really help the skin. So, here's my journey with these two items, and my reviews on them.

Onagrine is a brand based in France. Founded in the 1980s, it prides itself on using evening primrose oil as well as other natural ingredients in its products. These products are paraben-free (aka these types of preservatives) and are meant for all skin types. The company also prides itself on the fact that it does not conduct any animal testing - aka "cruelty-free".

First, the Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream.

The ingredients list for this item includes:

Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteareth 20, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Oenothera Biennis Seed Oil, Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Geraniol, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7

This product is meant to be applied on in the morning on the face and neck. Interesting.

Thus, for two mornings, I applied this product onto my skin underneath my makeup and just went outside.

The product itself is very emollient. It is very smooth and glides on quite well. It is a rather thick lotion (cream) product, but it does absorb pretty readily into my skin.

The cream actually hydrated my skin pretty well throughout the day. However, the downside was that the night after the first day I put it on, my skin started breaking out. Since the rest of my daily routine had not changed and had previously not made me get acne spots (in general), I attributed this product to clogging my pores and giving me acne. When I looked at the ingredients list, it in fact, did have several oils, such as the evening primrose oil and the palm oil ester. Hmm. I guess not so noncomedogenic.

Now, onward with the Eye Contour cream:

The ingredients list for this item includes:
Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract, PEG 100 Stearate, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Chlorphenisen, Cyathea Cumingii Leaf Extract, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oenothera Biennis Seed Oil, Paml Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Esculin, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Caprylate, Geraniol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Once again, in order to be rich for the skin, there are several types of oils in this product, including sweet almond oil, evening primrose oil, biennis seed oil, palm oil, etc. Normally, all of these oils would raise a warning sign for me, but since this is an eye cream, it doesn't bother me as much (at least thought-wise) because eye creams are supposed to be super moisturizing and pampering to the skin. Also, since I usually don't break out along my eye area (cross my fingers to hope that it also doesn't happen in the future), it might not seem as bad.

Well, I was right. The product was super hydrating and really did seem like it would help my eye area a lot. My eye area's skin felt a lot more nourished during the time I used the product. Since I did not have as much area to cover with this product (just in my eye area rather than my entire face) I got to use this sample for a longer amount of time, about a week. It seemed like it really was helping out my eye area, so I actually liked it.

Now, onto the prices: 
The anti-wrinkle cream retails at $42 for 1.7 oz. The eye contour cream retails at $37 for 0.5 oz.

Anti-wrinkle cream:
Pros: Enriching for the skin? Goes on nicely, absorbs well into the skin
Cons: Comedogenic, pricey

Eye Contour: 
Pros: Enriching for the skin, does not make me break out, is hydrating, helps the skin around the eyes
Cons: Pricey

Would I buy either of these products? Well, not the anti-wrinkle cream, for sure. As for the eye contour, I might buy it if I were more well-off, but since I'm not, I have to say no to it for now.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Sources: 1 / 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!

Labels

Search This Blog

Followers

 
Copyright © 2010 Vitamin C Goodness, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger